Our Training Gets Results
Does Your Dog Do This?
- Doesn’t listen
- Jumps on family, guests and furniture
- Is a door dasher
- Is “hyper”
- Doesn’t come when called
- Acts aggressively toward family, strangers, children or other animals
- Steals clothing, food or toys
- Digs and chews
- Barks excessively
- Takes you for a walk
- Is shy
- Is basically out of control!
Because dogs are social “pack” animals, they have an inherent desire to belong and be a part of our lifestyles in an active way – often becoming a nuisance or problem with their behavior choices. Although some dogs may deliberately disobey, most dogs have never learned clearly what you want from them. They act in ways that may not be socially acceptable in the “human world ” in which they live. In reality, dogs learn very quickly. When something works once for them, they try it again. The goal is to help the dog learn the right behaviors and leave the wrong ones.
Building a Relationship
Our job at Sit Mean Sit, Phoenix is to help you learn to direct your dog in the most effective ways. We give you the ability to get your dog’s attention through clear communication to the dog. This creates a positive and lasting relationship, increasing the bond that you and your dog have together. Through a variety of training techniques including using a leash, a remote training collar, favorite toys or food rewards, we have a superior training system. We designed specific training exercises to help your dog learn and become confident, happy and secure. Using our methods, both adult dogs and puppies learn faster and easier with very gentle handling.
Services and Classes
GET A DEMONSTRATION / CONSULTATION
Private lessons, Group training classes and combination packages: Every program is created with your dog in mind, whether it’s best for him/her to be in a class setting with other students, one-on-one at home, or both, we tailor training to your needs.
- Jump Start Board n’ Train: Let us get your dog started in our intensive board n’ train program where your dog will get the maximum opportunity to learn. Board n’ Train programs are always followed-up with one-on-one private lessons in your home. One, two, or three week program options.
- Train as you Live: With this program the trainer comes to you for intensive training with you in your home. Your live-in trainer will start your dog on all the training goals important to your household and then teach your household how to follow through. This is a fun way to jump start your unique needs with your dog. Each program is designed to work best for your lifestyle. Cost: $1,600 per week plus expenses.
- Sit Means Sit always offers consultations and training demonstrations to help you determine the best training program for your needs and budget.
Call us to schedule a time to meet with you and your dog. 602-992-8743